The scientific library of the Kazakh National Women’s Pedagogical University, in order to satisfy readers’ demand and fully support the educational process, entered into agreements with a number of university libraries and with the Republican Inter-university Electronic Library at the Association of Universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – RMEB) on the right to use the database of their electronic libraries.
The Republican Inter-university Digital Library under the Association of Universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan was established on the basis of the order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 260 dated June 03, 2009 and was registered as an independent legal entity in October 2014.
The main objectives of the RMEB are:
– complete satisfaction of the needs of the faculty, students, undergraduates, doctoral students and other users in modern educational and scientific resources;
– inter-university exchange of educational literature, teaching aids, scientific articles, R&D reports and other publications.
In December 20, 2019 108 educational organizations in which 97 universities and 10 colleges, also Chelyabinsk State University, represented by the Kostanai branch are part of the RMEB and have full access to the electronic fund through the website – rmebrk.kz.
The RMEB Fund as of December 20, 2019 contains 76,138 items of documents which are: educational publications – 17,277, educational-methodical publications – 19,046, scientific articles and journals – 28,106, monographs – 4111, abstracts and dissertations – 5119, other publications (reference publications, collections, fiction, etc.) – 2479. Including in languages: in Kazakh – 28 107; in English – 1869; 46047 in Russian, 115 in other languages.
In 2018, the specialists of the RMEB developed the program “Electronic catalog for universities”, which allows to create electronic catalogs of university resources and transfer them directly to the RMEB database. Based on the License Agreement, a program was installed on a free basis and testing was conducted in two university libraries: the Caspian Public University. Kazakhstan Innovation Academy.
In 2019, 49 items of information links to global open-access electronic resources were added on the RMEB portal under the heading “External Resources”. In total, as of December 20, 2019 394 names of links to scientific and educational resources of open access were submitted and 15 links were deleted under the heading “External Resources”
Under the heading “Video lectures”, 189 titles of links to educational video lectures are presented, of which 135 links are to lectures of Kazakhstani universities (45 to Kazakh, 85 to Russian, 5 to English).
In 2019, on the RMEB portal, under the “Journals” section, 7 new titles of scientific journals were added, of which 4 were journals of universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
Automation. Informatics (Karaganda State Technical University);
Bulletin of the Kazakh University of Technology and Business;
Bulletin of the Karaganda Economic University: economics, philosophy, pedagogy, jurisprudence;
World of Big Altai. (East Kazakhstan State University named after S. Amanzholov).
3 journals of the Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (KISI): Kazakhstan-Spectrum; “Қogam jane Dәuіr”; “Central Asia’s Affairs.”
In total, as of December 20, 2019, the RLSEB portal presented 77 titles of scientific journals: the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan – 3, KISI – 3 and 71 journals of universities in Kazakhstan.
The social networks Vkontakte and Instagram are constantly working with users in order to increase interest in the resources of the RMEB. At the moment, more than 1,500 posts are posted in Vkontakte: news on new educational publications for universities, open foreign resources, free training courses for students. In October, after the old Instagram account was blocked, a new RMEB page was opened, in which more than 40 posts were published. The subscribers of the official pages of the RMEB on social networks are 1,714 active users, the visit on social networks in 2019 are 1,739 users.
As of December 20, 2019, the website’s page traffic at the RMEB amounted to 58,054 visits, 171,796 pieces of information were issued. Constantly analyzing statistical data and finalizing the program for more accurate indicators.
In 2019, 30 copies of electronic educational publications were transferred free of charge (at the request of educational institutions) to 3 educational institutions (2 universities, 1 college). In total for the period 2017 – 2019. 874 copies transferred. – 88 educational institutions (81 universities, 7 colleges). Unrealized electronic publications remained in the amount of 350 pieces. Work on the creation of electronic and multimedia educational publications was carried out by specialists of the RMEB together with authors – teachers of universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the period from 2015 to 2017. The institution “RMEB” has released 11 electronic and 22 multimedia educational publications on CD / DVD – disks (a total of 1820 pieces). Of these, 8 publications were recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the rest were examined in the ROMs of universities, 18 documents received – “Certificate of State Registration of Rights to the Copyright Object”.
For the further of growth and development of the electronic library, the RMEB sets the following promising tasks:
1. Within the framework of the implementation of the State Program “Digital Kazakhstan”, to improve and develop the scientific and educational resource of the RMEB with the maximum involvement of the universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the most complete presentation of educational and educational literature in the electronic library of the RMEB.
2. Integration of all available scientific and educational resources of Kazakhstan and providing access to them through a single interface. Implementation in universities on a free basis of “Programs – Electronic catalog for universities” developed by the Institution “RMEB” to create their own electronic catalogs of the university and transfer resources to the RMEB.
3. Explore new forms and methods of using electronic resources of universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan for effective user service.
4. Resource development “Media Library” – a collection of video lectures by scientists of domestic and foreign universities.
5. Providing remote access to the integrated electronic catalog of the RMEB to the largest number of users in order to improve the level of higher education in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Along with the RMEB, our readers have free access to the full-text electronic databases of the following publishers:
– POLPRED – https://www.polpred.com/
– Aknurpress – https://aknurpress.kz/
– IPR books – http://www.iprbookshop.ru/
– Wiley – wileyonlinelibrary.com
DEPARTMENT OF PRESS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
Tel.: 8 (727) 247-00-07
youtube: qyzdar уniversiteti