Distance education – a way of organizing the learning process, in which most part of training procedures carried out by using modern information and communication technologies of teaching staff and students. A wide range of distance learning allows you to select a method to suit individual requirements and preferences of the listener and does not exclude dialogue with the teacher face to face.
Advantages of distance learning
- Choosing a convenient time and place for learning for teachers and students;
- Strong assimilation of knowledge;
- Contact the teacher with the student, as appropriate;
- Differentiation and individualization of education;
- Saving time and money;
- Parental Control (the possibility for parents to monitor the learning process and contact with the teacher).
Aims and purposes
- An unconditional maintenance of high standards and quality of education through the implementation of comprehensive educational programs based on the best traditions of national education on international experience;
- Development of theoretical, scientific and psychological fundamentals and specific methods of distance learning, taking into account the socio-cultural and age-psychological specificity of users of distance education;
- Development and improvement of information technologies used in the educational process, and for the management of the university;
The system of Moodle
Our system of distance education is realized on the platform Moodle. Moodle allows you to organize training in joint solution of educational problems, to carry out the interchange of knowledge. Wide opportunities for communication – is one of the strengths of Moodle. The system supports the sharing of files of all formats – both between teachers and students, and between students or between the teacher.
Wide opportunities of communication:
- electronic mail;
- exchange attached files with the teacher;
- exchange of personal messages.
Basis of the training unit Moodle are training courses.
- The interaction of students with teachers and with each other for that can be used elements such as chat forums, blogs and personal messages.
- Transfer of information in electronic form using the files, records, web pages, video lectures.
- Checking of knowledge, learning with tests and assignments. Results of works the students can send in text form or in the form of files.
- Joint training and research work of students on a certain topic, with built-in mechanisms wiki, seminars, forums.
The list of specialties
Today, with the use of distance technology is being trained in 16 specialties of correspondence courses:
5V020300 – History
5V051000 – State and local government
5B050800 – Accounting and Auditing
5V010900 – Mathematics
5V011000 – Physics
5V011100 – Informatics
5V060200 – Informatics
5V070300 – Information Systems
5V010100 – Preschool training and education
5V010200 – Pedagogy and methodology of elementary education
5B010300 – Pedagogy and Psychology
5V050300 – Psychology
5V012300 – Social pedagogy and self-knowledge
5V010500 – Defectology
5V011600 – Geography
5V060800 – Ecology
The system of iSpring
iSpring allows you to quickly create high-quality electronic textbooks. Educational institutions and businesses appreciate iSpring products for ease of use, wealth of functional and qualified technical support.
Electronic courses on the basis of presentations
iSpring can quickly convert PowerPoint presentation at this distance course. Just publish developed using iSpring teaching materials into any LMS supporting SCORM / AICC / TinCan API.
Textbooks of our university
Currently, the University is released the first batch of electronic textbooks in the following general subjects:
- Tumenova Saule Mazhitovna – History of Kazakhstan;
- Rysbaeva Guldarhan Kalievna – English (Agylshyn tili);
- Baytasheva Gauһar Omіralіkyzy – Korshagan Orta Turali Іlіm;
- Baytasheva Gauһar Omіralіkyzy – Ecology zhane turakty damu (Workshops).
Multimedia textbook with providing educational material in electronic form:
- Formatted hypertext (* .doc, * .txt,);
- graphics (* .jpg, * .png);
- animation (* .gif, * .swf);
- audio and video recording (* .mp3, * .wav, * .avi, * .mpg4)