The Department of Pre-University Education and Career is a structural subdivision of the Kazakh State Women’s Pedagogical University whose activities are aimed at coordinating work and combining the activities of various departments on vocational guidance and pre-university training of applicants, ensuring the formation of a high-quality contingent of students, the professional practice of all students, promoting the employment of graduates as well as promoting positive University’s image on the market educational services.
Currently, the Department of Pre-University Education and Career functions in the following areas:
1.Organization of vocational guidance through campaigning activities about the university and its specialties among graduates of schools, colleges and lyceums;
2.Preparatory courses for applicants to enter the university;
3.Organization and control of all types of professional practice;
4.Assistance in the employment of university graduates;
5.Admission of students for additional education.
In order to organize career guidance work:
– carries out coordination, perspective and current planning of career guidance and its implementation;
-interacts with educational institutions and local executive bodies;
-advices on professional self-determination of applicants;
-organizes “open days”;
-preparation of information, handouts;
-organizes and conducts the subject Olympiad “Y. Altynsarin “internationally for high school graduates;
-Participation in various exhibitions.
In order to improve the quality of training of future applicants:
(Preparatory course) (Foundation)
Increasing the level of knowledge in compulsory subjects;
-to increase the level of knowledge of students of choice and specialized disciplines;
-pedagogical and psychological assistance in adapting to the process of entrance exams and university studies;
-create the most favorable conditions for the audience.
In order to organize and control all types of professional practice:
-contributes to the organization of scientific, methodological and organizational management of all types of practice in the field;
-draws up agreements with gymnasium schools, lyceum schools, colleges, banks, district and rural administrations, research institutes in which students-trainees do internships;
-together with graduating departments provides practice diaries;
-participates in setting and final conferences on practice;
-prepares orders for the university to undergo the practice;
-draws up statements for the payment of workers for teaching and work experience in the basic organizations;
-prepares orders about the remuneration of employees of institutions for the internship of students.
In order to facilitate the employment of university graduates:
The main purpose of the activity is to promote the employment of students and the employment of university graduates. To achieve this goal, the department carries out:
– analyzes the needs of the labor market for university graduates;
– forms a database of enterprises-employers and their vacancies in the specialties of the university;
-organizes information and consulting support for university graduates on employment issues;
– maintains relations with centers for the promotion of youth employment and the employment of university graduates, employers’ associations, alumni association, youth public organizations, educational organizations and enterprises;
– ensures the strengthening of mutually beneficial relations of the university with enterprises-employers;
– conducts image and entertainment events of the university with the involvement of applicants; Mass events: job fairs, career days, presentations of enterprises and organizations.
In order to receive students for additional education:
– enhancing the skills of workers, employees, specialists and students, taking into account the constant increase in requirements for them due to changes in production;
– improves previously acquired professional knowledge and skills;
– expands professional opportunities by obtaining additional education due to changes in the structure of the labor market.
Regulatory justification of activity:
-The Law “On Education” of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated July 27, 2007;
-The Program for the Development of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2016-2019;
-Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 30,
-Order Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated January 29, 2016 No. 122 “On the placement of the state educational order for the training of specialists for preparatory departments of higher educational institutions”;
-Order Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 30, 2011 No. 554 “On approval of the Rules for organizing the activities of the preparatory departments of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan”;
– Model rules activities for the organizations of additional education for adults approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated May 17, 2013 No. 499;
-The Charter of the Kazakh Women’s Pedagogical University, approved by order Chairman of the Committee on State Property and Privatization of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated August 24, 2012 No. 821;
-Development strategy of the Kazakh State Women’s Pedagogical University and the year 2021;
-Order of September 6, 2012 No. 112 on the opening of the preparatory department of the Kazakh State Pedagogical University.