Major* - The main educational program defined by students for study in order to form key competencies
Strategic partners of EP:
- Scientific and methodological service of the National library of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Centralized library system of Almaty
The purpose of the EP: the preparation of qualified professional librarianship, having the basics of library and information process in libraries and information institutions, competence-based approach, humanization and system updates prepare library professionals with sound knowledge in the theory and practice of librarianship, who knows the characteristics of national material and spiritual culture.
Employment - 100%:
The areas of professional activity of the bachelor in the educational program 6B03200 - "Library Science" are: institutions of library science, information centers, cultural and educational spheres, public education sector.
- Institutional accreditation: The educational program is accredited by an Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating, registration number of certificate AA 0160, for a period of 24.05.2019-23.05.2024.
- Specialized accreditation: The educational program is accredited by an Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating, registration number of certificate AB 2479
The rating of the educational program:
1. IAAR-2 place, 2019
Types of professional activities:
Bachelors of the educational program 6B03200 – «Library Science» can perform the following types of professional activities:
- Оrganizational and managerial-diagnostics ;
- Scientific and methodological-introduction;
- Information and communication;
- Experimental research-analysis of information needs of readers.
Additional program Minor "Technologist of Automated Library and Information Systems"
Students of Kazakh National Women’s Teacher Training University have the opportunity in the learning process to acquire additional competencies that will help them become more competitive in the labor market or to meet their personal needs. The program of additional education "Technologist of Automated Library and Information Systems" is provided. The program considers the possibility of obtaining an additional specialty as a technologist, which allows you to expand the professional competence of a library specialist.