Major* - The main educational program defined by students for study in order to form key competencies
Strategic partners of EP:
- Scientific research institute for Combustion problems, Almaty;
- Scientific research institute of new chemical technologies and materials of al-Farabi Kazakh national University, Almaty.
The purpose of the EP: Training for solving urgent problems in the field of chemical production and science.
Employment - 70%:
- chemical laboratories, research and production institutions;
- production laboratories of analytical, environmental, certification services;
- research organizations (institutes, laboratories) of chemical, environmental, metallurgical, pharmaceutical profile.
- Institutional accreditation: Independent agency for accreditation and rating, Registration number №12018901, date of issue: 24.05.2019, validity of accreditation: 23.05.2024 (5 years).
- Specialized accreditation: Independent agency for accreditation and rating, Registration number №12018901, date of issue: 24.05.2019, validity of accreditation: 23.05.2024 (5 years).
Types of professional activities:
Bachelors of the educational program 6B05301 – «Chemistry» can perform the following types of professional activities:
- experimental research;
- organizational and management;
- production and technological.
Additional program Minor «Environmental Chemist»
Distinctive features of Minor:
* studied in the fourth year of the bachelor's degree;
* consists of three disciplines studied sequentially;
* labor intensity of 15 credits (labor intensity of each discipline – 5 credits);
* labor intensity is included in the main part of the educational program (credits for Minor subjects are included in 240 credits of the main program).
By studying this course, specialists are formed who are inclined to solve environmental problems in any field of chemistry. The huge number of enterprises, the lack of waste processing plants, and the monstrous air and soil pollution in our region necessitate qualified environmental chemists.
Training provides an opportunity to work in the specialty "environmental Chemist" in the chemical industry and environmental organizations, in municipal structures, at large enterprises where there is a staff unit ecologist, for example, the construction of any industrial facility is necessarily accompanied by an environmental impact assessment.
After graduation, graduates can hold the following positions: environmental chemist, ecologist, environmental engineer.
Additional program Minor – represents a set of disciplines and (or) modules and other types of educational work, defined by the student to study in order to form additional competencies.