History of the Department of Theoretical and Practical Psychology
The Department of Psychology was created in 1972 as an independent department at the Kazakh State Women's Pedagogical Institute (October 28, 1972 - on the basis of order No. 150). The department has creative team of famous scientists, with its own history, a workshop for the preparation of qualified educational psychologists and psychologists, represented in the educational and other spheres of our country.
- 1973-1976 the first head of the department was the candidate of psychological sciences, associate professor Sufiyev E.S.
- 1976-1989 Candidate of psychological sciences, professor Rakhimbekov K.R.;
- 1989 - 2017 Doctor of Psychology, Professor Sheryazdanova Kh.T.;
- 2017-2019 Candidate of psychological sciences, senior teacher Yermekbayeva L.K .;
- From 2019 until now, Doctor of Philosophy Ayapbergenova A.Zh.
The department successfully carries out its activities in the general scientific direction "Psychological features of the formation of personality in ontogenesis."
Educational programs: 5B010300 / 6B01101 - Pedagogy and Psychology, 5B050300 / 6B03102 - Psychology, 7M03102 - Master of Psychology.
The content of educational programs correspond to the modern requirements of psychological and pedagogical science and their implementation in the practice of training highly qualified specialists for educational and other areas.
Mission and strategy
Training of professional pedagogue-psychologists and psychologists in the field of education, health care, social and legal sciences, mastering modern methods of psychological research necessary for the national and international labor markets.