History of department ofchemistry
1956-1957 Kazakh National Women's Pedagogical University began to accept students for the specialty "Chemistry". In 1959-1960. as part of the Department of Biology and Geography, under the leadership of Ph.D. Associate Professor T. Taubaeva began the work of the Department of Chemistry. With the active participation of Academician of NAS RK Sh. Battalova and Associate Professor S. Duimagambetova, the Department of Chemistry began to function independently.
Over the years, the Department of Chemistry was headed by scientists-teachers:
- Zhagypova Argunya Zhagypkyzy (1964-1974)
- Kambarov Kaysar Nyғmetovich (1974-1984 y.)
- Yusupova Ardaқ Beisenkulovna (1984-1989y.)
- Kozhabekov Serik Samsalievich (1989-1995y.)
- Eszhanova Patshaym Rustembekovna (1995-1999y.)
- Zheksembiev Rysman Konyrovich (1999-2003y.)
- Zhailau Sandybai Zhailauly (2003 – 2007y.)
- Mataev Mukhametkali Musagalievich (2007 -2013y.)
Since September 2013 the head of the department is the candidate of chemical sciences Myrzakhmetova Nurbala Orazymbekovna.
4 doctors of sciences, 2 PhDs, 7 candidates of sciences, 6 masters work at the Department of Chemistry.