About the department
The Department of Russian Language and Literature is one of the oldest and most prospective structural units of the Institute of Philology.
The department was one of the first established in 1944. In different years, the department was headed by well-known philologists in the republic: L.A. Fedulova, K.Sh. Kanafieva, Z.A. Akhmetov, H.U. Ishanov, D.Tursynov, N. Dzhuanyshbekov, G.N. Sadykov. From 1998 to 2004, the head of the department was Valentina Zhumagulova, an outstanding teacher and scientist.
Currently, the department is headed by Candidate of Philological Sciences Eleonora Mirzagaevna Khankishieva.
The Department consists of highly qualified specialists, philologists, who research the current problems of Russian language and literature.
Mission and International cooperation
Graduates can perform the following types of professional activities:
- educational (pedagogical) – teacher of Russian language and literature at secondary educational schools, secondary special educational institutions, vocational schools, as well as in educational institutions of other types and forms, at various training courses;
- experimental research–as a teacher-researcher, employee of various foundations and projects;
- organizational and managerial–as the head of various levels in state and non-state institutions and organizations;
- editorial – editor of the publishing house;
- announcer – as media workers.