Major* - The main educational program defined by students for study in order to form key competencies
Strategic partners of EP:
- «Institute of Plant Biology and Biotechnology», Almaty;
- «Institute of Human and Animal Physiology», Almaty.
The purpose of the EP: To prepare professional biologists having current knowledge in the field of fundamental and applied biology, who are ready for professional activities in the scientific and industrial fields.
Employment - 70%:
- research institutes and institutions (specialist, junior researcher, laboratory assistant);
- in higher education institutions (laboratory assistants in specialized laboratories);
- industrial laboratories for the processing of plant and livestock products, farms, greening and environmental institutions (specialist, laboratory assistant).
Institutional accreditation: The educational program is accredited by an Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating, registration number of certificate №АВ2027, date of issue: 21.12.2018, validity of accreditation: 20.12.2023 (5 years).
Types of professional activities:
Bachelors of the educational program 6В05101 – «Biology» can perform the following types of professional activities:
- experimental research;
- organizational and managerial;
- production and technological.
Additional program Minor "Researcher- Biologist"
The educational program is developed taking into account the generalization of modern domestic and international experience of training in this area, copyright and collective scientific achievements and educational and methodological developments in the field of specialization, the requirements of employers and the demands of the labor market. In order to expand the range of professional competencies and the field of professional activity of the graduate, the educational program has an additional program (Minor)
Distinctive features of Minor:
* studied in the fourth year of the bachelor's degree;
* consists of three disciplines studied sequentially;
* labor intensity of 15 credits (labor intensity of each discipline – 5 credits);
* labor intensity is included in the main part of the educational program (credits for Minor subjects are included in 240 credits of the main program).
After graduation, graduates can hold the following positions: Researcher- Biologist, microbiologist, specialist in research centers.
Additional program Minor – represents a set of disciplines and (or) modules and other types of educational work, defined by the student to study in order to form additional competencies.