History of department of geography
Since its inception and at all stages of its activity, the department has contributed to the training and education of highly qualified specialists.
The Department of Geography is one of the leading departments of the university with over 75 years of development history. During its existence, the department has trained thousands of geography teachers for secondary schools of the republic. Today graduates of the department can be found in all corners of our republic.
From the first days of its formation, the department was headed by prominent Kazakhstani scientists. Over the years, the department was headed by venerable scientists, such as:
- Bayandin N. -Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor;
- Konkashbaev G.-Candidate of Geography Sciences, Professor
- PopolzinA.G.-Candidate of Geography Sciences, Professor
- Utemagambetov M. - Candidate of Geography Sciences, Associate Professor
- BirmagambetovA.B-Candidate of Geography Sciences, Professor
- Mashanova R.-Candidate of mineralogical Sciences,Associate Professor
- Akhmedova K.B. -Candidate of Geography Sciences, Associate Professor
- Karmenova N.N.-Candidate of Geography Sciences, Associate Professor
- MamirovaK.N.-Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Acting prof.
TulegenovE.A.-PhD, since September 2020 he has been acting as the head of the Department of Geography.
Mission of the department and strategy